Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bye, bye scrapbooking

I have never been a huge scrapbook person. I started when the Test pilot was born. I received as gifts, some scrapbooking supplies and felt obliged to make one. I didn't really enjoy the process but I did love the outcome.

I loved being able to look back and all the pictures and the memories I had written down.

This continued with pretty good success right up until January 2008. The third boy. Not one second of scrapbooking has happened since that boy was born. I no longer had any time or any available space to lay out all the needed many supplies.

I briefly did some digital scrapbooking. That eliminated my space issues but still required a lot of time.

Yes, there has been tremendous guilt and wondering if the Wingman will need therapy when he is 30 because there is no scrapbook of his younger years.

Then I started blogging. I discovered through other bloggers a website that I love!

www.blog2print.sharedbook.com

You go the website and basically tell it to print your blog. It was recommended to print by 6 months intervals depending how often you blog.

I have picked hard covers for ours, but they offer paperback covers too. It is a very reasonable price.

No it's not as fancy as a scrapbook. No fancy layouts or di-cut shapes. But it has what I truly want- lots of pictures and written memories.

It has renewed my interest in blogging. I want to continue sharing our family lives with our family and friends all over the U.S., but now I can make a permanent record too.

And hopefully, Wingman won't need therapy.


1 comment:

Joley said...

Thank you soooooo much for sharing this site! I was wondering how to do this...and knew there must be a way...but didn't know how! Thank you so much. My kids have yearly (digital) scrapbooks, but I wondered what would happen to me and my scrapbook memories once the kids were "grown up" and took their scrapbooks with them.