Monday, June 7, 2010

We're home again!

It is always fun to travel, and then it is so good to be home again. We just returned from our annual Memorial Day New Mexico vacation. We had lots of fun.

We spent time in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains then a few days in Albuquerque doing "big city" stuff that we don't have at home.


We got to visit one of my grandmother's on our journey. The boys love their Granny Jean. I just love that picture.


We took a trip to the National History Museum. Sorry the picture is blurry, but it's the only one of everyone in the picture.


Here's the Captain and I at the cabin. Apparently, if we are going to ever have our picture together we must take self-portraits with the camera. It thought I did pretty good for my first try.


All that travelling makes me want to cook again. I am so sick of McDonald's which we eat a lot of when we travel, because of the whole kid-friendly thing and they have a playground. The Captain and I decided on one lunch stop to eat at Subway which generally does not go over well with my kids. The Captain and I ate great fresh deli sandwiches with fresh vegetables, the children ate Cheetos and chocolate chip cookies. That was a proud mothering moment. Oh well!

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

First of all, LOVE the self photo of you two. Darling. You look so happy together.

Secondly, traveling and eating healthy is a HUGE challenge.

Third, what a great trip it looks like you had. So wonderful. I love all the mountain stuff, except the cold streams. I really don't like cold water on me. Brrrr