Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Job update

I have taken a full time position with the outpatient portion of our hospital system. I see some of the same types of people/diagnoses from the hospital plus other people from the community with various issues that don't require hospitalization.

It was pretty scary at first. I am remembering or re-learning many things I just don't use in inpatient. The staff has been wonderful and helpful. I have great patients. It's a good opportunity to learn something.

I am working Monday through Friday 8-5pm. It's nice to have a consistent work schedule and paycheck.

I miss being home, but this is where we are for now.

Each day is another step of faith. The Captain still has a few leads he is working on. Everything is just moving very slow in that department. A lot of companies still are not doing well in this economy. Just keep praying.

No comments: