Monday, August 5, 2013

4th of July 2013

We went to Fredericksburg for their 4th of July parade.  The weather was lovely for Texas.  

Here's the girl and I  in our hats.  I have to apologize to everyone at the parade.  We did not know that our daughter had contracted the highly contagious hand foot mouth disease so we were toting her all over the Hill Country.  Sorry for spreading germs.


We met up with some friends at the parade.  My friend helped me diagnosis our ailment.  That was a new one to me.


It was a great parade with all sorts of country charm.




The Pacific War Museum had a group of men in uniform in the parade.


What's a parade without a double decker tour bus.  I think every small town fire department was there with their sirens and lights a-blarin!


We had a great time and weren't melted when the parade was over.  Later in the evening, the boys all headed out to the fireworks.  This is the first year that we didn't use ear plugs to help the tender ears cope with the fireworks noise. The girl and I skipped the show as we had an early flight the next morning.

No comments: