It's that time of year again. Fall soccer season has begun, except we only have 1 boy playing this fall. I can't remember the last time we only had one kid playing a sport. It's actually kind of nice not to be spend 5 hours at the soccer field, but don't tell the boys.
J and S decided that they wanted to try basketball so they are sitting out soccer and waiting patiently for basketball season.
W is playing in U10 division. As always, I am so nervous for him when he moves up in divisions. They base it on age and not grade, but he seems to be able to hang with the other boys. Miss K stands on the sidelines yelling, "Go, go, go."
He has a fellow homeschool buddy on the team this year.
Their team is always short on players so he has played every position from goalie to forward.
He even practiced in the rain!!! I can't tell you how big of a deal that is for him. He is like a cat and hates rain. He just looked at me and said, "I am a man now and I will play in the rain." Ha! I guess daddy's "man training" has been paying off.
Daddy has been trying to intentionally model or talk about "man" like behavior for the boys. They take turns going to breakfast with Daddy and talking about these things. I guess it's working.
He did inform me the other day that he is too old for a kid's meal. They get so big so fast.



No comments:
Post a Comment