Thursday, January 23, 2014

First basketball game

J and S had their first game of the season this past weekend.  They both did really well and decided that their is a lot more running in basketball than in soccer.

S played point guard a lot.  He primarily dribbles with his left hand.  He has always been somewhat ambidextrous since birth; however, once he started writing for school he writes with his right.  But he definitely kicks, dribbles, and shoots with his left.


He always had a smile on his face and had a great time.


J had a great first game too.  His team ran their practiced plays.  He even was able to shoot once and was close to making it.  


We massacred the other team.  We have 2 incredible point guards, especially given their respective ages.  They are just playing on a whole different level than everyone else.  The team as a whole is very talented, and I imagine will only improve as the season progresses.


I have to admit it that it is hard for me to watch and not be involved.  I found myself yelling (good things) a lot.  I still get excited by a good game of basketball.  Maybe someday I will coach one of them.  Until then, we look forward to next weekend's games.

No comments: