Thursday, January 15, 2009

Moving on

Well, we are moving on to a new phase in our family life. I have accepted a job working at our local hospital working about 32 hours a week. My license has come through so I should start working in a week or so after all the obligatory background checks and drug screening. I am sad to be leaving home, but at least I do enjoy my field of work. I am thankful that we have this option. This job also comes with medical benefits so that is a huge burden lifted.

I accepted the job because the board meeting for the Captain's company did not go well. I will spare you all the details other than to say there is not a job for him to come back to. There really seems to be no plan for the company at this time so there's no point in holding out for a quick come back.

So the Captain is going to start sending out more resumes and being a full-time stay at home dad. I figure by the time this is over with, we are both going to have a greater appreciation of what the other spouse does all the time.

Specific prayer requests:
1. A great job that the captain will enjoy will be found soon.
2. When this job arrives, all the transitional things like fixing up the house, selling the house, transferring schools, etc will happen smoothly and quickly. (It's a really, really bad time to be selling a house especially one you have only owned for 5 months.)
3. Pray for the Captain and I during this time so that we will support each other and strengthen our marriage.
4. For the kids: I can tell this week has already been a little weird on them. Pray they will adapt to the change in parent roles and schedules for a time.

Thanks so much for all your prayers. I know they work. I feel so much more at peace this week than last. My hair dresser was admiring my calmness. I know it's the "peace that passes understanding" because it's sure not from me. Thank you God for that.

2 comments:

Joley said...

Jennifer, I found your blog through Julie's. I am so sorry to hear about Dan's job, but am so happy to hear about yours. God is good. Please send me your e-mail address and I will invite you to join our private blog. Take care,
johatter@yahoo.com

P.S. Your boys are so cute. Thanks for the Christmas card!

Grateful for Grace said...

I'll be praying!

May He direct every step.