Well, here's a few things I don't like so much about my new job.
1. I am so so tired. My job is a very physical one which is just plain exhausting. I need more sleep.
2. It's hard working, being mom and wife, and taking care of my house. I don't know how people do this all the time. I don't wish it on anyone.
3. I just hate leaving home when some of the kids are sick. I am the one that's supposed to be there. It's just not right.
4. My baby wouldn't come to me one day after I returned home from work. He kept clinging to my husband. I think he is mad at me. That was a kicker. He doesn't do it very often but it hurts anyway you slice it.
5. I miss baking and cooking. Baking takes time which I don't have a lot of these days. I have enjoyed the break from cooking as the house husband has taken over this job most nights. Is he awesome or what! But I still miss the enjoyment of it and feel kind of weird that I am not doing those tasks.
6. I miss my friends. I used to go to playgroup with other moms, attend Ladies' Bible Study, and do other activities during the week that I can't do now.
7. It's weird being out in the "world." Previously, most all of our activities revolved around church or people we knew from church. So I basically lived in a Bible bubble. Now I am out in the world where people cuss, are sometimes crass, openly mock God, and not everyone attends church. (Just to name a few.) It's just been a rude awakening.
These are part of the reasons that we had chosen for me to be at home during this season of child rearing. I am thankful for that time and look forward to returning to my full time mom role really soon.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment