The captain was offered a job yesterday in the big city 1 hr away from us. It's with an aeronautical company working on business jets. They actually matched his previous salary and our medical benefits will begin immediately. This is a huge answered prayer.
My last day will be April 3 and he will start April 6. For now, he will make the commute and if everything goes well then we will want to move before the start of the school year. We just wouldn't ever see him with the commute and rush hour traffic.
I was a little sad to turn in my notice at work today. Everyone at work was very gracious about my short stay. All in all, I have really enjoyed working again. It was a nice break and reminder of my previous life before children. I will continue to work for them on some weekends. It's a little selfish, but I look forward to returning to the work place someday.
As with most things that have happened the last few months, we are both still a little stunned at all the changes and haven't quite absorbed the reality yet. We are just thankful for God's constant provision throughout the last 2.5 months. Thank you for all your prayers!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH!! Praise God you'll still be close enough to visit! yea!
Thank you, Lord, for the provision of a job that D loves. Thank you for the salary and benefits. Thank you that J can come home and that they have some time before the next school year to decide where to live. I give you all the glory.
Amen!
Praise God! We are so happy to hear the good news. We will continue praying for you all. Congrats D and J!
love to witness answered prayers! I pray this new transition will go smooth and easy. Proud of you all for being a strong family unit and relying on the Lord.
Praise God for answered prayers. I know it has been a hard few months and you stayed strong through it. Glad it is all working out in god's order. =)
Post a Comment