Friday, November 20, 2009

AWANA

I am in the middle of my 7th year as a Cubbies leader. Here's a picture of Crash in his vest.


It's hard to believe that I have been involved that long. The first years I promised myself I would never do it again.

The test pilot was 6 months old when I began teaching (or was roped into teaching.) I had no idea what to do with 3 and 4 year olds. I kept wondering if it was "normal" for them to act this way.

(I have learned it is normal and it's just a little crazy especially when there are 20 of them.)

Now I have come to really enjoy it. Here's an example of why I love being involved with Cubbies.

I have this sweet little girl in Cubbies named Rachel. (I am using a pretend name.)

This is Rachel's first year in Cubbies. They go to a different church so I am slowly getting to know her. You know how some kids just attach themselves to an adult for no apparent reason. Well, she has attached herself to me.

Every week she wants to tell me what she has done in school. She is just a sweet child. This past Wednesday, she made me a picture. She had drawn all over the paper. She glued leaves to it. Then she added some glitter. It was beautiful. She was excited to give it to me.

I don't know why she has attached herself to me, but I like it. She keeps me reminded of why I do what I do.

Thank you God for this opportunity to be able to share the Gospel in fun ways with little children and make a difference in their lives!

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

Add in the fact that you are very organized and good at leading the Cubbies and it explains why you've done this so long. I can't believe it's your 7th year!! Wow! I'm grateful my eldest is getting to learn from you!