I just had to share something funny, because it happened again yesterday!
When the captain and I got married, I just assumed our children would have dark brown hair and brown eyes. I am the genetic variant in my family with the auburn hair in the midst of the brown headed people.
When the test pilot was born I was proven right. Dark brown hair and dark brown eyes like his mama's.

Then Crash comes along with hazel eyes like daddy and curly red hair. That was a surprise! I love his hair. I am so sad the curls are falling out.
Then comes the Wingman with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. (People on the street call him red headed.)
So yes, we don't look exactly alike, but this is where it gets funny. For example, I will be out with all three of my children and I get asked if they are all three mine. (I think they are thinking that Crash and Wingman look similar making the test pilot the odd man out.)
This has happened 3 times in 3 different settings.
Or they look at the kids with me and say, "Oh, they must look like their father." I try not to take that one as an insult.
It's just amazing that 3 very different little boys can come from the same 2 parents. God is amazing!


1 comment:
They really do each have their own look. Very fun!
Post a Comment