Sunday, March 27, 2011

Home office

The Captain working from home has brought a few changes to our house.  Here's the "home office" originally.  The Captain's parents bought him that desk set about 20 years ago.  It has served us well.  We use the computer quite a bit so when the Captain started working at home, he took the small "L" portion and used that.  It just was not big enough for him and...


...it was too short.  He had to compensate by building up the desk using the kids' blocks.  His back would ache.  We maintained that for as long as he could take it.  We finally decided to buy some office furniture that would work for both of us.


This is the new furniture.  It is quite lovely and quite big.  I am still getting used to having it in my bedroom.  Unfortunately, there is no other place for it to go so there you have it.  I really like the finish that he picked out.


This is the Captain's desk.  He now has room for all his binders, technical papers, books, and other geek stuff that he needs to be the brilliant engineer that he is.  Plus, plenty of room for his coffee cup.  That was a problem before.  He claims he simply can not work without coffee.  (I think he is addicted, but I will stage an intervention later.)


This is my portion.  I love my new chair.  It's so comfy.  The other chairs were great considering they were free; however, they had no lumbar support.  These chairs are just dreamy.


I also love my new bookcase.  I had a bookshelf but it was tiny.  Now I have room for all my  books on Jane Austen, parenting, American history, and Bible devotionals.  I have quite the eclectic reading habits.  With homeschooling, we have been getting a lot more books so this will be used greatly.

The boys are also excited because they get the Captain's old desk.  The current desk in the kitchen was shared between schooling and legos.  The legos were winning.  Now the the boys can dedicate the white desk to legos and the kitchen desk for school.  Mommy and boys are happy.  I will post pictures when we have everything set up.

Apparently, a family of 5 needs 5 desks to function.  

No comments: