Wednesday, September 19, 2012

First day of MDO and sugar

S started Mother's Day Out last week.  He was so excited!



He's in the pre-K class.  This will be good for him.  He is such a social butterfly.  He already knew a couple of kids from church so he jumped right into the routine.

His school has a "No nuts" policy due to some kids with allergies.  This severely limits our lunch choices.  I noticed the first few days a lot of the main dish was coming back home.  

I asked him what he would like in his lunch.  He says, "Chewy Dips."  He discovered these granola bars at soccer camp.  It's essentially a granola dipped in chocolate.  He has not met a piece of chocolate that he didn't like it.  Not the healthy choice I was hoping for, but I can work with that.

Then he says, "I like peanut butter and jelly."  I inform him that we can't bring that to school so he replies, "I will have a jelly sandwich."  Of course he would.

I think my boy has a bit of a sweet tooth.  (So does his mother but don't tell him that.)

So I am off to find a lunch that the child will eat that does not consist wholly of sugar.

No comments: