Monday, January 28, 2013

She's 9 months old!

I can not believe she is 9 months old!  Times goes so fast.  

She has the most adorable smile.  She can light up a room.  


She finally has 2 teeth on the bottom.  She still wants to "slurp" her food and is not interested in chewing on anything.  Very strange.  She is very talkative and pretty loud.  She can get on all fours, but has not crawled yet.  She still manages to roll, squirm, and wiggle all over the floor.


She loves her brothers especially J.  They have a special bond.  She tries to take his bunny, which he will temporarily share with her.  She wants to be held by daddy.  She gets her feelings hurt if he walks by her and doesn't pick the sweet girl up.  

She weighs 17.9lbs and is 28 inches tall.  She's in the 60th percentile.  In true family fashion, her head is in the 90th percentile.

People always ask me if it's different having a girl.  I usually answer "no".  Up until now, she has just been similar to my other babies.  Although I am beginning to think we have a fairly particular child.

She is a bit like Goldlilocks.  The temperature in her room at night has to be just right, not too cold and not too hot.  She will wake up if it is not to her liking.  I think we have finally got it figured out.  (Husband says I am like that too.)

Remember, how she has chosen not to eat vegetables.  I discovered these fruit and veggie mix packets of baby food.  They have bizarre combinations like spinach, mango, and pear, but she eats them.  It's the only way I can get her to eat veggies.  They are organic and specially packaged so they cost 3x as much as regular baby food.  For now,  she apparently has a high dollar diet.

She doesn't like having her diaper changed on those Koala Care changing tables in restaurants and gas stations.  I don't know if it's because it's cold or hard.  Her changing table at home has a cushion with is covered with a minky fabric.  Apparently, I have spoiled her because she always has this shocked look on her face when you put her on one and eventually she begins to cry.  None of the other kids ever had problems with those.

You could call her picky or as I prefer to say, "she knows what she likes and how she likes it."   She's a little like her mama in that respect.  Let's hope all the boys in the family can handle us.  

No comments: