Thursday, June 13, 2013

Funny sayings from S


This boy has lots of funny sayings that keep up laughing.  He looked at me one day and asked, "Why do none of the houses in Texas have stairs?"  I kept asking what he meant.

Then I realized that we recently returned from Ohio Grammie's house which has stairs.  Then we visited New Mexico Nana and Grandave's house and cabin which both have stairs.  Alas, our house in Texas does not have stairs.  

In his 5 year old brain, that translated to all houses in Texas do not have stairs. 


He was invited to a little girl's birthday party from church.  I asked him if he wanted to come with me to the store to buy her a present.  He replies, "Just get her a Barbie.  ALL GIRLS LOVE BARBIES!" (his emphasis)  Then he looks at me as if I should already know that answer to that question.  

He is really excited for Kindergarten.  He is going to attend the same Christian school that W attended for Kinder.  He asks every week if it's time to start yet.  

He is constantly hungry.  He ate 3 chicken legs with sides for dinner last night.  One hour after dinner is over, he is saying how hungry he is.  

I have decided that they should teach a "Suturing for Moms" class.  Twice, I have had to consult our friend who is a doctor to help patch this kid together as he inevitably gets hurt on a weekend or after 5pm.  My first aid skills are getting quite good.

He keeps us busy!

No comments: