Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Dinner Ware

Another reason I love Christmas is because I get to break out my Scarlet Fiestaware. A couple of years ago, my mom bought me 4 place settings of the Scarlet dishes for Christmas use. When Piglet gets bigger we will have to get him a plate.

These plates get washed a lot because I feel a lot more festive if we eat every meal on a scarlet plate. It's also one of the few occasions I let the children eat off of real plates and not plastic.

I just love this color, but for that matter I love all the colors. I am a Fiesta junkie. I registered for periwinkle and yellow dishes when we married. However, I could't stay faithful to just those colors.

Over the years, I just randomly buy one plate in shamrock or a serving dish in juniper. I love the mish mash of colors and I don't have to try and make it match.

Speaking of, I better get washing the breakfast dishes so we can eat off the scarlet plates at lunch.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

What a great idea. It's very pretty.