during our family crisis of sorts. It had it's days (especially early on) when it completely felt like a crisis. But now as I sit on the other side of "it" I have learned a thing or two.
1. God is totally in control of ALL things at ALL times. Just a few examples:
a. I have the perfect career that I can jump in and out of my profession at a day's notice
with no problem. I certainly didn't think about that when I picked PT, but God did.
b. I started work and had some patients who I became very involved in their care. They have
all been discharged this week as I finish work. It's just God's perfect timing that we all
started and ended together.
2. I have the most AMAZING husband ever!!!!!!! I have known this for awhile but he's been extra-impressive the last few months. He's cooked dinner every night. He's done the full 1 hour grocery shopping trip with two little children in tow. He's done laundry. He car pools. He does homework. He's even cleaned the bathrooms. And he's taken very good care of our youngest children at home while I have been away. AND he's attempted potty training with Crash. That's super amazing. All the while, looking for a job. Not bad.
3. Motherhood is definitely the hardest job. Having done both- full time mommy is way harder, exhausting, and never ending. (But I love it!) All those cracks about bon-bon eating moms are just completely unfounded.
4. We had really good pre-marital counseling. One book we read was by Dr. James Dobson. I can't remember the title but one thing he said was to base your family's income on only one spouse instead of the two of you. Then you are prepared if the wife wants to stay home with children, one spouse is injured, or one spouse is laid off...We had somewhat blindly followed that advice just because it sounded good. I am living proof that it's some of the best advice ever.
5. I highly recommend the Crown Financial Class (or something similar). We took that class at our church in CA and it was eye opening. Who knew God cared so much about how I spent my money? You are taught biblical principals with scriptural backing for everything from credit cards, debt, savings, budgets, and retirement. We had loosely followed some of the principles after the class. We survived our "crash" as well as we did due to the things we gleaned from that. We still have a ways to go in other areas, but it what a powerful testimony that was.
Thank you all for your support during this time. I look forward to more regular posting in the near future.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We look forward to seeing more of you too!!!
Welcome home!!!
These are great lessons.
Post a Comment