Have you seen that commercial? I can't remember what it is for. Anyhow, the dad walks into the kitchen and finds one of his boys eating butter because the boy is so hungry. That has been a standing joke around here knowing full well that may be my reality sooner than later.
We are in the middle of swimming lessons. They go everyday for two weeks. It has ramped up their metabolisms like I have never seen. So we have spent a lot of time around the table.

The test pilot looks at me after I have slaved over his meal (and before I have even sat down to eat my first helping) and asks, "What else do you have?" Because he has already inhaled his meal.
Crash barely made it through the first day of lessons because he was whining that he was hungry. Now we eat granola bars right before lessons and have something else in the car to eat to hold us over until we can drive home and get lunch.
Wingman doesn't participate in the swim lessons but he loves to participate in the eating. He wants a snack at the lessons and then he proceeds to bang his hands on the table until food is presented before him. Lovely table manners. We will work on that.
I can not tell you how many extra times I have gone to the grocery store this week because we ran out of _______. I am doomed when they are teenagers.



No comments:
Post a Comment