A few years ago my husband gave me these beautiful gold earrings for Christmas. I just love them. As we prepared to leave for Christmas vacation, I packed them in a little bag with other jewelry.
You can imagine my surprise when I arrive at my destination to only find one of the earrings in my bag. I panicked. I looked all through my things and finally decided (or at least hoped) that I simply left it at home.
I have a sentimental attachment- they are from my husband. They are kind of expensive. So I was a little distraught.
As soon as we arrive home, I begin tearing through my jewelry box. I found earring B. It had attached itself to a necklace that I had packed and then decided I didn't need. I was relieved.
In a few hours, I begin unpacking my suitcase and was shocked to find that earring A was not in my bag. I began to panic again. How did this happen? I cried. I felt like a complete idiot.
I began questioning everything. Did I lose earring A? Did I mix up the one I had "lost" and the one I had "found?"
I call my mother-in-law in sheer desperation. Sure enough, earring A is up in our bedroom on the floor. Relief!!!
I have no idea how it got there. I am not in the habit of throwing nice jewelry on the floor. Anyhow, earring A arrived today via the mail. I feel somewhat sane for the moment.
Maybe, I need to install GPS on my jewelry.
2 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad you found them (each)!!
Yes, I'm with you on GPS for jewelry. I'd like a Clapper for my cell phone and my shoes. ;-) (clap)(clap) and they beep. ;-)
Enjoying catching up on your blog.....Sean has grown so much! I'm laughing at your earring post. I hare when things like that happen- I can sympathize- and I rejoice with you that you're pair is reunited. Now your attachment to them will be even stronger!
Post a Comment