Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Deja vu

It feels like a little deja vu around here. The Captain's company had to lay off the bulk of the work force last week. It's a long story with a lawsuit involved, but needless to say there was insufficient funds to maintain a work force. Here we are, again.

It's not a total shock, because this company has never been "ideal" or "stable". He's endured pay cuts and cut back hours. It was just the available job at the time.

So he is job hunting. The good news is there are more companies hiring this year than last. He already has a few interviews scheduled.

All of these jobs would require out of state moves. We are preparing the house to be sold.

I feel like a bit of a basket case lately. One second I am fine and the next I am crying on the floor. I hate crying!

God has already been gracious through encouraging words from friends and family, hugs, and offers of support. I have never been very good at memorizing scripture, but I am good at memorizing music. God keeps sending particular songs especially hymns to my mind especially when I can't sleep. "It is Well" has been a particular favorite that has lulled me to sleep on more than one occasion.

I know God is in control. I know He knows the outcome of all this- what job he will get, where we will live, how we will get there, etc. It's just the daily waiting I am struggling with.

Thanks for your prayers and concern. We appreciate it all.



1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

OH!!! Praying for you! I'm so sorry

Trusting Him with and for you.

fondly,
GfG