Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Human resources

We have had some interesting interactions with multiple human resources departments as we wade through this job hunting experience.

I am sure most of them are just doing their job as prescribed, but they can be so frustrating.  They can be so evasive, never giving you a clear answer.  We are pretty sure one of them  flat out lied to him for about 2 months.  I guess that their practices are for a good reason, but when you are the guy and the family on the other end it's not so much fun.

For example...

Today, the Captain receives a phone call from a company that he applied to over a month ago.  (They are all so slow.)  The gist of the conversation from this sweet HR lady was to tell him that they would be calling him some time next month to schedule an interview.  They called him to tell him they would call again.  Thanks.

At least he knows someone looked at his resume.  Pardon me, if I don't hold my breath while waiting on this phone call.  If I had a nickel for every time I have heard that in the last 6 months...

No comments: