I can not describe how good it feels to be home as a full time mom and wife and a very part time physical therapist. Life just seems "right" with me here and the Captain back to some kind of work.
The older boys did pretty well through the months of upheaval. Wingman definitely took it the hardest. The first few months he was decidedly ticked off with me. He would greet me when I came home, but that was about the last of our interactions. Only daddy could feed him, bathe him, or read to him. He would throw a fit if I tried to do it. I kept just convincing myself that it was his way of dealing with "it" all.
Then came months of him crying when I left and being exceedingly clingy to me when I came home. I could not go the bathroom alone without his presence. He asked me where I was going every time I simply walked out of a room for fear I was going to work.
Things are getting somewhat back to normal. We are getting back into a normal routine with homeschooling and other mom/kid stuff. Wingman is less emotionally unstable. I have been cooking and cleaning and enjoying every moment of it. I have missed my old life so much. I keep trying to remind myself how good this feels on one of "those days" where I just need to escape from my dirty house, loads of laundry, and needy children. I know that will come.
I am so blessed to be home where I belong. I am thankful for a husband who whole heartily agrees. I am thankful that I do have an education that allowed me to earn a good paycheck for our family in a time of need. I am thankful that time was short where I needed to work full-time. (I know people whose husbands who have been out of work for much longer.) I am thankful that for my sweet precious boys that I get to be with everyday.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! Praise God for working it all out.
Post a Comment