Saturday, December 11, 2010

Status change

It's been so long since I blogged that I had a hard time logging in.

Yesterday, was my last official day as a full time physical therapist. I am back to really, really part time (a couple Saturdays a month) physical therapist and full time mommy.

The Captain received some contract work that should keep him busy until the end of February. He continues to look for full time employment. In fact, he has an in person interview in the Midwest right after the first of the year. Or the contract work might be a good thing. It's still too early to tell. We will see what happens.

I have missed being home. I miss my kids. I miss cooking. The cleaning supplies miss me. It's pretty pathetic looking around here. The dust bunnies are taking over.

It was very stressful and difficult moving over to outpatient but I felt like I was getting in the groove by the time I left. It was a good learning experience and stretched me way out of my comfort zone. I am very thankful to have flexible bosses and co-workers who have allowed me to work as little or as much as my family has needed during the past 2 years.

I was sad to leave some of my patients. I get attached sometimes. I know they will have great care when I leave, but I always wonder how they turn out. I really like being a physical therapist, but now it's time to be a mommy.

Keep praying for wisdom in job hunting decisions. There will be some difficult decisions to make in the next few months.

Pray for peace for us (mostly me) with this uncertain income during the next few months. I don't like uncertain. He has and will be paid but it's not a regular paycheck. As certain projects are completed you get a check and that has to last to the next completion date and you don't really know when that will be. Not my favorite scenario.

I will catch up on more blogging this week.


No comments: