Well, it turns out I am not married to a mild mannered aeronautical engineer, but rather a nefarious criminal. It's official. He was sent by certified mail his official court summons. What was this dastardly crime that my once innocent husband committed?
WASTING WATER
I am soooo not kidding. He was officially served with papers citing him for this terrible crime and ordered to appear in court this Friday. There is a picture attached to the paperwork, but the worker has his finger in the picture so you can not even tell what it is.
Apparently, one of our evil sprinkler heads in the front yard isn't shooting at exactly 180 degrees and it is causing some droplets of water to fall to the curb instead of the grass. And I mean droplets. It's not like a stream of water is running from our sprinklers.
I realize that we are in the middle of one of the worst droughts in my state, that we are at Stage 3 water restrictions (which we abide by religiously), and there is no rain in sight.
But really! We are using our tax payers dollars sending a civil servant around checking sprinkler heads at 5:41am on a Sunday.
Hopefully, they won't incarcerate my husband after the first offense. In all seriousness, it's probably just a fine, but still. I could think of a lot better uses of that young man's time and our court system than to prosecute water wasters.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do I need to bake a cake with file hidden in it? ;)
Post a Comment