The kids and I made our annual trek to ABQ for Cousin Camp. They were so excited to see their cousins. I was a little nervous about travelling by myself at 36 weeks pregnant, but everything went well.
We went to the zoo. It was a little chilly in the morning, but warmed up beautifully later in the day.
The zoo people were so gracious to give us 6 maps. All the kids love maps and a lot of places are kind of stingy distributing their maps. Thankfully, each kid got their map to enjoy all day.
Here's a shot at the Aquarium in their Angry Birds shirts. They loved wearing those shirts!
Those sweet little cherub children then turned on Grandave and started pelting him with their ball guns. Grandave was quite the sport and took the beating. The kids loved it when he or my brother would play with them outside.
Another day, they went hiking to a waterfall and cave. I bowed out of that outing. I hear that the cave was very exciting.
I was parking the car so I am not really sure what they are all doing here. Needless to say, they had a great time at the Natural History Museum. We got a good dose of evolutionary theory in the Imax movie, but it spurred good conversations with the Test Pilot. We are looking forward to their new space exhibits coming soon.
On Sunday morning, we woke up to a couple of inches of snow. That was a little surprising, but in true ABQ fashion it melted by lunch and was a high of 60 degrees that day.
Here's a good shot of myself, my sister, and my dad.
Everyone had lots of fun and was sad to go home. I have already been asked when we are going back! Looking forward to next year.








No comments:
Post a Comment