Christmas time has been fun for Baby K. Truthfully, I don't think we have any gifts for her yet, but that does not bother her.
She loves to play with all the shopping bags. It takes so little to entertain her. She would be thrilled with a ream of paper to shred and chew on. Except that doesn't always go down well.
She loves all the sparkly lights on the tree and mantle. Daddy is showing her a light up snowman. (She has totally learned how to smile for the camera.)
After a many year conflict, we have compromised. I only like white beautiful lights on the Christmas tree. My children think colored lights that blink incessantly are the only way to go. Martha Stewart never tells you how to decorate a dignified tree with Star Wars ornaments as part of the decor. (Although her kids don't really like her, so I don't think she is the best example.)
Daddy decided that the kids could get their own tree this year for their room. We found this little guy at Wal-mart for cheap. They got to put their obnoxious colored blinking lights on it. They used some of the family ornaments, but then they made their own "Pokemon" ornaments. It even has a Pokemon tree topper. Just what every child needs.
Lest you think I went Martha Stewart on the family tree, it still has plenty of Star Wars, Spiderman, and Winnie the Pooh on it. It even has this singing hamster ornament that plays "The Hamster Dance" over and over. If that is not dignified, then I don't know what is. This year the tree did get a little splash of pink for the baby girl. Fun times and lots of good memories.




No comments:
Post a Comment