Monday, December 3, 2012

The Hobbit



I recently discovered that "The Hobbit" movie comes out in mid-December.  I thought it would be a good idea for J and I to go see the movie, but we should read the book first.  I think I have read the book before, but it has been a long time.

He was not old enough to know about the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy when it came out so this is a new topic for him.  

Let's just say that he is hooked.

I bought us 2 paperback copies knowing that he would have more time to read than I would.  

I gave him the book Monday morning and by Tuesday morning he had read chapters 1-12.  That is a lot of pages.  Of course, he stayed up until 11pm and had a bit of a headache the next morning, but he said it was worth it.  

Needless to say, the book was finished by Wednesday and he is so excited for the movie.  

I am still on chapter 2.  Only 30 more chapters to go.  

I am just glad that he loves to read.  Hope the movie doesn't disappoint.


No comments: