
Monday, August 25, 2008
First Day of School
It was the test pilot's first day of school. Sigh. He was so excited, but the mom was not so excited. I was so glad he was going to school. He is so ready. It's just hard watching your first born leave the nest so to speak. The first few days the school will let you walk your child into the classroom, but after that they prefer you just drop them off at the door to the school. We park and I start walking the test pilot to his class. He looks at me and says, "Why are you walking with me? I know where I am going." I almost started crying then. I was able to keep myself composed until I got back to the car where I had a good cry. I know he will do great, but it's just hard to let go a little. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go big guy! I hope the day ended well. And I hope each drop off is assier on mommy.
I hope it was a SUPER first day!!!
much love,
GfG
I sympathize completely since "monkey" had her first day at high school today. Hope the test pilot had just as good a first day as monkey.
Post a Comment