Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New House: Before pictures




We finally took the plunge! We closed on our house last week and now starts the renovation! The captain will be taking off from work next week to work on the house. He's already started some projects in the garage and living room. We should move in towards the end of September. The test pilot is loving being daddy's helper. There's a lot to do before we move in and there will still be lots more to do after, but we are so excited. This house is just perfect for us. It puts the test pilot in a school we think we will like and very close to the school. We are in a great neighborhood. The house is structurally sound, but just needs a lot of TLC which put it right in our price range. The bedrooms are huge and I will have an enormous kitchen (especially compared to what I have now.) God picked the right house and the right time. It took a lot of patience on my part, but God once again revealed that depending wholly on Him is always the best way to go. Who knew buying a house could be such a refining time in my life! Can't wait to show you all the after pictures!

3 comments:

Proud Parents said...

Great to see pictures of the house! Can't wait to see more. I hope your husband is full of endurance this up coming week.

Kevin said...

Great news, and I look forward to seeing and hearing more about the flight crew and their new house. I wish we were closer so I could come help out. Have any plans to visit the Captain's home land anytime soon? We found out yesterday that its another little boy on the way to join our family. I really do miss you guys, I can only imagine how busy you all are with 3 boys, our 1.5 keep us quite busy here.
That guy from snow country WNY

Grateful for Grace said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!! I'm so glad you joined. Your family is darling and I love seeing them. Since I don't see them often enough, now I can this way.

I'm very happy for you all and your new home. I know you two plan well and the Captain will do well fixing it up. I can't wait to see it!!