Saturday, April 11, 2009

If only...

If Wingman had been a first born his life would be so different, but God saw fit to make him a 3rd born with a much less neurotic mom. (I was super neurotic when we just had the test pilot.)

For instance, someone would care that the baby eats off the floor. He regularly gets down from his high chair and enjoys his fallen bits of dinner. I used to cringe and scold, but now I am grateful I have to sweep less often.


We went to an outside playgroup yesterday and his negligent mother allowed his nose and forehead to sunburn. I used to be so compulsive about sunscreen, but it didn't even cross my mind. Luckily, he's just a little pink. Where have I gone wrong?


I used to refuse to eat out at restaurants that didn't have proper healthy kids meals like vegetables for sides. I noticed we now regularly have fries for our side, and my blood pressure isn't going through the roof at the idea of poisoning my children.
I didn't allow my children to crawl a great deal outside of our home for fear of the germs that would be getting on their hands and legs. We would just carry them. Wing man has crawled all over the place. The Captain even let him crawl around the automotive repair shop waiting room
while waiting on the car to be fixed. I am going to try not to think about that one too long. We just make sure he gets a good bath every night.
What has happened? I am not saying there will be a fourth child, but can you imagine what he would be allowed to do?

3 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

I am so proud of you. ;-)

Welcome to my world.

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how things change with each child. The other things i have noticed is that with each subsequent child you have the better they are at taking care of themselves, and be patient while Mommy tends to the other children in the house.
God is great...he knew the order in which things should be done.

Maeve said...

Wingman is tough - he can take it!