Friday, April 24, 2009

Zoo Field Trip

Yesterday was the kindergarten field trip to the big city Zoo. There has been much anticipation about this day. I had been planning to go for months. It was so worth it. The test pilot told me he loved me about 7 times on the trip down. I think he enjoyed having his mom there.

Here he is on the bus. This was his first bus ride so it was pretty exciting for him. Not so much for me, but I got to sit next to the sweetest boy during the trip. (He talked about legos the WHOLE time.)



There were enough parents that they assigned us each 3 children and we were free to roam the zoo on our own. That was a great idea. We could see what each kid wanted. I had a great group of boys.

The boy in the hat was the best snake finder. You know how you go look at the reptile exhibits but are unable to find any life forms. Well, that boy could find them. It was most impressive.


We hadn't been there five minutes when they all decided that they were hungry. Who eats lunch at 10:30am? Apparently, the public schools do. We munched our lunches then off to see lots of exhibits.


That was the first time I have to the zoo without a stroller. That was sure nice. It was such a fun day. I am so glad I got to spend it with the test pilot.


1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

I'm so glad you were able to go with him! What a special day for both of you.

Without a stroller? Weird. ;-)