The planter is now gone. The Captain knocked out all the brick and hauled that away.
There has been a lot of earth moving. Some of it was dumped in the back, some of was moved to another part of the planter, and some just went to the dump.
Now he is working on preparing the ground for the new stone that is coming to form a up-to-code planter box. Then I have to find some flowers and shrubs that the deer won't eat. I am not looking forward to that task. Those pesky deer will eat anything.
This picture is one reason I love the Captain. The Captain and the boys are installing a new cover for some pipes in the yard. The story behind the new cover is why I love him.
The Captain had been working so hard on the planter the lawn had not been mowed. Mommy decided to be helpful and mow the lawn.
There has always been these random pipe coverings in the yard to cover the sprinkler system valves and the water shut off valve for the house. I have mowed that lawn many times without incident but today my mower decided to wrestle with the metal plate that was covering the valve. Surprisingly, my mower won. The cover was sliced in half and all curled up.
I confessed my "whoops" moment. The Captain never gets upset or complains how he now has to go to the hardware store again. Which results in an extra hour of digging to install the new cover. Although, he is probably wishing that I were less helpful.
I have the best husband ever. P.S.- I did cook him a really good dinner to say "sorry."



No comments:
Post a Comment