Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fiestaware

I love my fiestaware.  I can not stay committed to one color so this allows me to have dishes in many different colors.  This house has these great displays shelves in the kitchen.  I like to change them up seasonally or whenever the mood strikes me.

Here's the before picture which is the post-Christmas, still winter colors on display.


It then switched to a brighter combination in preparation for spring.  I love the peacock color.  (the bright blue)  It's my new favorite color.  Who am I kidding- they are all my favorite color except lemongrass.

I heard a story that the color was based on a dress First Lady Michelle Obama wore to an inauguration event.  Bizarre story and bizarre color.


This the before shot of the other side of the kitchen.


And after.  I just realized that I have already changed this shelf.  I didn't really like the top shelf so I moved things around.


I know the basket doesn't really go, but it keeps all the "things I need to keep accessible but need to keep away from little hands" such as bug spray, sunscreen, and camera.

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

Your Fiestaware has encouraged me to go for it. I've always wanted some, but didn't know how to go about it.

It really is lovely on display (and in use!).