Crash had a great soccer game this weekend. Unbelievably, the child scored 4 goals in a 20 minute game!!!!! I could hardly believe my eyes. He responded with a slight grin as he ran back to his position.
Lest, you think he is some sort of soccer phenom- the child spent plenty of time whining in between goals saying, "I am tired" or "I want to go home" or "I am hungry". I physically had to push him back on the field at one point because he decided he had enough. They only play 5 minutes at a time. I felt pretty sure he could handle it.
I remember the Test Pilot responded similarly at this age so I just need to wait it out. He really does enjoy playing soccer, just on his terms. If there is a snack anywhere in the vicinity of his playing field, he is so done playing and ready for a snack.
If we could get his emotional state matched with his physical abilities he would be doing great.
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment