Friday, April 29, 2011

Spring has sprung

Spring is here and our flowers are starting to bloom.  I am excited because it's the first new growth of our deer resistant, perennial flower bed the Captain built in the front yard.  I was anxious to see if everything would grow back.  

The lantanna are growing like gang busters.  I love their color combination.


All of the lantannas are doing great, except this one.  The one in the middle did not survive the winter.  Four out of five survival rate is pretty good.  We had to dig him up and replace him.  Hopefully, we will do better next winter.


I am dying to see the santolina bloom.  We planted them last year knowing that they were slow growers, but I did not realize how slow growing they were.  They are almost ready to bloom.  Can't wait for the beautiful yellow.  (I just realize that I sound like my mom.  She would get all excited about plants and I would think she was weird.  Well, here I am.  Mom, you are not weird or we are weird together.)


Here's what the santolina looked like ALL last year.  They hardly grew and never bloomed.  Apparently, they need a year to get their root system established.


Yeah for spring!  Glad I am here to see it all bloom.

No comments: