Once again, this is a late post so don't flip out. About a month ago, it's a nice Sunday evening. I was doing the dinner dishes and the boys were out on the trampoline. The Captain was gone somewhere. (I forget)
The Test Pilot comes in and shouts, "He fell off the trampoline!" I have never run that fast in my life.
(I learned all these details later.) Wingman had not fallen off the trampoline, but has gotten out of the net enclosure and was walking outside on the spring pad (where his mother had instructed him not to be).
He tripped, fell, and hit his head on one of the exposed springs. Thankfully he did not fall to the ground.
If you know head wounds, they bleed a lot and this was no exception. He was covered in blood. Thankfully, I did not panic too much externally.
As I cleaned him up, I knew it was a deep cut. I really did not want to go to the ER on a Sunday night. (Our ER is not known for it's expedient kid-friendly service.)
A friend's husband is a doctor and he was home. He agreed it probably needed stitches or something. He was so nice and went to his office and rounded up supplies for some minor suturing.
Here's Wingman after the procedure. We used dermabond (like glue), steri-strips, with a band-aid for extra coverage.
He healed well. We removed the dressing a week later and it was all closed up.
A month later, it definitely looks like he is going to have a scar as a reminder of his escapade. Thanks so much Dr. T!


No comments:
Post a Comment