The boys had been watching another family play "chicken" in the pool. They were so excited when they finally figured out how to get each other on their shoulders.
Here's a shot of all the boys in the pool. The girls were tired and decided to pass up this swimming adventure.
This year's sand creature was "Toothless" the dragon from the movie "How to train your dragon". They did a very good job.
Here's J sitting by his creation.
They also built a huge castle. Here's all the boys inside. They are just silly!
Another fun ritual is to feed the seagulls. The last night that we are there, the boys get to feed the seagulls any food that is left. Did you know seagulls will eat tortillas?
W was a totally different kid this year. He used to be TERRIFIED of the ocean. He didn't like the waves, or the seaweed, or the sand getting his feet dirty, or the water getting in his face. This year he has decided the ocean is pretty cool. He grabbed a boogey board and became quite good at the skill. In fact, we had to bring him back closer to shore several times. He still can't swim, but that minor detail didn't seem to phase him at all.
I had to relinquish my title as the "Best Boogey Boarder". I had the ability to travel the farthest, but this year I was eclipsed by my eldest son. He went from a total novice to quite good pretty fast. I will challenge him next year, when I haven't just had a baby.
We had a great time and the boys are already asking to go back. I need to remember to pack more food next year. Those boys get so hungry when we are there. They aren't even teenagers yet.








No comments:
Post a Comment