Monday, August 27, 2012

From the mouth of S


Little S talks a lot.  He has quite an impressive vocabulary.  He will talk to someone, but he will also talk to himself.  Here's some quotes from the little man.

The other day in church he turns to me and says, "Mama when it's time for the treats, can I pass it?"  It took me awhile to figure out that he meant the communion elements. "Sure sweetie, you can pass the treats."  I am feeling a little neglectful in some religious training.

One of our favorite babysitters had the nerve to go off to college.  We are very sad!  I am planning a care package for her.  I decided to ask the boys for some ideas.  S has a beaming smile on his face and says, "We should get her a Barbie!  She's a girl and girls like Barbies!"  He was so proud of his thought.  I am not sure that 18 year old Hannah would like a Barbie, but we sure had a good chuckle.  

He has been sitting in with the boys when we do Science for school.  Right now, we are studying about different wild animals.  This is a favorite topic of his.  He asked what we were studying that day and I told him that we were talking about elephants.  He emphatically states, "APPARENTLY (emphasis his) I know all about elephants.  I saw it on Go, Diego, Go!"  Apparently,  my 4 year old is in need of some humility.  How does he know the word "apparently"?   

That boy keeps me on my toes.

No comments: