Thursday, October 9, 2008

You haven't lived until...

You have spoken to a sheriff about your 3 year old son.

Last night I was at AWANA doing my job. It was coming in time which means I check in kids and talk to parents while the other leaders do a craft with the kids until they all arrive. Well, Crash has a hard time sitting still for these craft projects. He generally spends this time under the table or hanging out with me.

Last night, policeman Jeff (who goes to our church) and a bunch of other people come racing down the hallway asking who called 911. I just sort of ignored them because I had no idea. Then it dawned on me that while Crash was hanging out with me he had been playing with a phone in the corner of the room.

He must have dialed 911 while playing so now a Sheriff sat in the very full parking lot of our church waiting to talk to this delinquent child and his parent. I can't tell you how mortified I was. Anyhow, nothing big happened except for the Sheriff taking all my vital information and a stern lecture.

Of course Crash was totally oblivious to what happened. God has been really working on my pride issues lately (there are so many) and so this was just another humbling moment to realize that I don't have it all together and I don't think I ever will.

4 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, that's hilarious!!! Really.

Princess pulled the fire alarm at the library when she was 4 or 5. Dh had taken the kiddos despite my warning, "It's crazy taking them there." The faces of all of the kiddos and dh when they returned were priceless.

Hey, I've TAGGED you on my blog. Check it out!

Unknown said...

Tag you it...check uot my blog for the ruls. (PS found you on GfG's page)

Unknown said...

When I tagged you, I didn't even realize that I knew you. But, Thanks to God, I came back to see if you did "the tag" and I looked more closely at the picture. Hope all is well with you. (It's Megan, by the way, from playgroup years ago when I lived there)

Kevin said...

That is good stuff! Im sure our boy has similar fun in store for us, he likes to push the buttons on everything!.

sorry my blogger id isn't covert, let me know if you would prefer that I use a more convert one.