Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Almost 4th of July

Hope you all have a Happy 4th of July. We are celebrating the food part a day early because I am working tomorrow. The Captain will take all the children to the parades and festivities and I will join them later.

I just wanted to share this dessert with you all. I found the recipe on Pioneer Woman's website who had borrowed it from The Barefoot Contessa. Look at the internet bringing the world together.


Anyhow, it is delicious. I had to substitute strawberries for the raspberries because there were none in my town the day I shopped. A heat wave in California has affected the berries I was told.

Half way through the recipe, Pioneer Woman says you can half the recipe because it makes a lot of servings. She wasn't kidding and I will definitely do that next time.

Hope you all have a happy 4th!

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

We'd be happy to come help you eat that dessert. We're self-sacrificing that way! ;-)