As I mull over the past year, there have been some big changes in our life.
1. We just finished our first year as being self-employed. I say "we" because I am now the book keeper, tax person. I have learned a lot. It's ironic that the job that just started out as being "a temporary fix until the right job came along" turned out to be the perfect job. Praise be to God in his continually providing for our family.
2. One year ago, we thought we were moving, but here we are. I can't say that we would have changed any of the decisions that we made, which could appear to have been "wrong" decisions. All decisions were made prayerfully, based on the information we had at the time, and seemed to be the "right" ones for our family. God knew better and we have actually seen how he protected us by forcefully closing some doors. We have decided it was just part of our sanctification process and just leave it at that.
3. We have finished our first calendar year of homeschooling. We have enjoyed it. It's been incredibly beneficial for our family as a whole. I feel more confident as the "teacher." I am learning a lot too.
4. We have finished our first year of being together almost all the time. The Captain now works at home all day, the Test Pilot schools from home all day, and the rest of us are there. I am a person that needs a little space daily, so I was a little apprehensive about the changes. However, we have made it work. We have maneuvered schedules so I can have a little quiet space. Plus, there are just so many benefits to having the Captain at home. Although, I did have to buy him a pair of sound deafening headphones for Christmas. Apparently, we are a little loud.
5. Now, we have to look forward a new addition to our family. We are already planning. I know- shocking. We are planning to move all 3 boys into one room together, but need to do some shuffling first. We are looking to buy a 2nd refrigerator or freezer for the garage as we are outgrowing the first. (I have to say that it actually seems easier to cook for 5 instead of a smaller crew. Just my observation.) And generally, just planning for a girl and the color changes that will bring.
Who knows what God has in store for this coming year, but we are full of hope as we know that He is in control of all things. Hope you all have a blessed New Year!
Monday, January 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment