Monday, January 2, 2012

Thanksgiving Feast

Have I said lately how much we love Crash's school?  It's just awesome!  My next big mommy project was to head up the Thanksgiving Feast.  I have never done a Thanksgiving for 65 before and I hope to never do it again.  It was a lot of work, but thankfully I had a lot of help.

Here's the cute little Indians doing their program.  My camera battery died after this so it's the only shot I have of the performance.  Bummer!


I made little turkey cookies and...


Pilgrim hat cookies for the event.  The kids and adults enjoyed them alike.


I should have gotten a picture of the fellowship hall.  These tables were decked out.  I thought I would run up there and decorate quickly.  Oh no!  The Test Pilot and I spent over an hour just setting up tables and decorating.  It was a labor of love.  I was happy to do it, but really ready for a nap that afternoon.  Thankfully, that was my last "in charge" project at the school.  

It's one of those things that I normally would not do, but it was so worth it to see the looks on the kids' faces. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: