Monday, June 4, 2012

Tree house

The boys have been wanting a tree house for awhile, but since spring break they have been pushing hard for it.  They have drawn elaborate blue prints of tree houses to "help" us decide.  The Captain decided it was finally time to start building.  

It took the Captain awhile to get his plans done just right, but finally they were done.  The boys helped dig holes for the foundation blocks.


There are a lot of things they can't help with, but they have spent every minute right by dad watching the construction.  They have done all sorts of creative things with the scrap lumber.  After a long day working on the fort, they weary Captain stated that he would have just bought them a pile of lumber if he had known have fun that would be.  They are very excited.


This is not an average tree house.  Actually, it's not a tree house at all.  None of our trees worked so it's a fort nestled among the trees.

I have been told that it will be 2 stories with a sandbox underneath.  My only input was that it be safe and look decent.  I see it right out my kitchen window.  Knowing my husband, I have nothing to worry about.  In fact, the fort will probably be sturdier than my house by the time he is done building it.

They currently have all the framing done and are supposed to start decking the second level so they will have a roof over the sand box.

I will post more pictures as the work progresses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure the boys aren't planning to live in the fort? Looks great. Hopefully they won't post a no girls allowed sign.

Mindy at Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, I've been waiting. I've been wondering why The Captain's sons didn't have a tree house!

We've always wanted one! If we get to build one, we'll wait til you all come to ABQ so he can help my hubby!

I KNOW it's gonna be fab!