It was free to get in, but that is somewhat misleading. Sure it's technically free to enter the place but they charge you $10 to park. They don't allow you to bring in food and drinks but they will allow you to buy $3 bags of chips and $2.50 drinks to keep your children entertained. In spite of this it was quite fun.

We had really good seats. Here's Tony Romo warming up.

The practice began and about half the second string guys were out there. Slowly all the bigger name players began to trickle out like Tony Romo, Tiki Barber, etc. The crowd would erupt in applause for them. Occasionally, some dude came out that no one had a clue who he was or didn't care and nothing- no applause. We felt bad for those guys. We figured they only make $1 million a year instead of the zillion that Tony Romo makes.

We saw some stretching. The PT in me was still amazed that these guys are still doing the old school style of stretching that has been proven to be fairly ineffective at actually getting a stretch in the muscles. I guess some habits are hard to break, but I digress.


3 comments:
Thanks for sharing about your visit to the cowboys practice. I would like to go to the colts training camp someday to see Peyton practice. Just a little correction to your story. You saw Marion Barber, not Tiki (he is a commentator now on the Today Show). Also, the league minimum guys make 650,000 if they make the team.
Oh, I think a family outing ready to happen. Thanks!
I'm glad y'all had fun!
Wade-
Thanks for the correction. I didn't know there was a minimum amount. Good to hear from you.
Post a Comment