Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Soccer season has begun!

Crash is finally old enough to play soccer this year. He has been wanting to play but we weren't sure he could handle all the "stuff" that went with playing soccer. My fears have been relieved. They had their first practice and I just felt like crying the whole time. A good cry.

It's not too long ago that this just didn't seem possible. For one thing, the league requires them to wear shin guards. Crash has some sensory issues so this was a big fear for me. We have been practicing tolerating them and he did it. He wore them the whole practice without complaint. I can't tell you the battles over shoes and socks we have had with this child. This was just amazing!

I love watching 4 year olds "stretch".


As soon as he arrived at practice, he ran over to the coach's son and said, "My name is "Crash". I 4 years old." I about fell on the floor. He did this unprompted by anyone. Four months ago that so would not have happened. God is just so good.



It was such a joy to watch him. He had fun practicing in 102 degree weather. Glad it was a short practice for everyone's sake. Looking forward to a great season.

The Wingman is just waiting for his turn to play.






2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, this really is wonderful news. I'm thrilled for you! I know the road you've been on with sweet little Crash and this really is a victory. To God be all the glory! Yahoo! (I think in Texas it's ok to yahoo to the LORD!)

hugs,
GfG

Maeve said...

Yeah Crash!!! Looking forward to seeing you in action!