Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One whole year

I realized that today we have been homeowners' (again) for one whole year. We had bought a house when we first married, but then had been renting for about 7 years due to moves and such. It was such a blessing to finally be in a house of our own.

I feeling a little nostalgic looking at these before pictures. The front looks basically the same except we have cleaned up the yard and had to remove a tree.


I love looking at this picture. Other than the fireplace, nothing is the same. We removed the acoustic ceiling, removed the panelling, and removed the nasty, dirty, smelly carpet.


This whole wall unit was taken down. The Captain stored all the wood in the enclosed porch until he found time to take it to the dump. The room started to smell really bad of cigarette smoke. The smell just got into everything.



Thank you God for bringing this house to us at just the right time and in the right place.

No comments: