Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy early Birthday Test Pilot!

As usual, we had the early celebration for the Captain's birthday. It's just when the extended family can get together. I can't believe he is almost 7 years old. We are having his well check up next week. I can't wait to see how tall he is! Let's say he has been wearing a lot of high water pants lately.

The test pilot decided he liked Wingman's football cake that he wanted one to. It made party planning easier on mom.


All the kids made football helmets out of milk jugs. They seemed to have lots of fun.


We tried to punt the football blind folded and dizzy. I think they were cheating and could see through the blind folded. Otherwise, they were ALL amazing!


We tried throwing the football through a target. Those guys had a pretty good arm.


Then my least favorite time of the birthday party. The gift opening time or otherwise known as mob the child and the presents. At what age will this stop? I realize they are all excited and I have tried to develop ways to combat this, but alas it has not worked. Here's hoping for birthday #8.


He got great presents and was very excited about them all. I have to say this was one of my favorite birthday parties of his. I prefer to not have the parties at my house, because of the chaos. I really mean those sweet energetic little children who are hopped up on sugar and the weather is freezing so they can't go outside. We decided to try the home party again and the weather cooperated. Thank you God! It was a great day!

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

It looks like a delightful party! Such a boy!

Proud Parents said...

You're cracking me up! Mob the child...