Friday, February 26, 2010

Job update

The Captain has been enjoying his new job. He has found lots of talk radio that he likes to listen to during his almost 3 hour commute daily. He really likes Allistair Begge. I probably spelled that wrong, but the Captain highly recommends him. He's a minister out of Ohio. Surprisingly, he has been content with all the driving. His back is very sore on Fridays but he is handling it well.

Recently, the Captain was told that the whole company is going to a 4 day work week. Cash reserves are getting low, so everyone will be cut to 32 hours for an undetermined amount of time. We still aren't sure how to feel about this. He's thankful he was not laid off. We don't know if this is writing on the wall of a future lay off to come. We still retain all the same medical benefits which is great.

A truly amazing thing (I love it how God works) is that the hospital has been calling me just this week to see if I can work during the week. They are very busy and have more patients than they know what to do with. I have not been able to, but I did call them today to see if I could work Fridays during this time. (The Captain is to work M-Th). We will see how that turns out.

We would covet your prayers during this time. Pray they will get a new investor soon that will work out well for the company.

We will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Joley said...

We attempted to worship at Parkside, Alistair Begg's church. They are NOT a child friendly congregation. As soon as we walked into the service the ushers (who acted as though they were secret service guards) looked us over. One even watched us throughout the entire song service. When preaching began I had to take Cora Leigh to feed her. Montgomery leaned over and asked his Mimi "Where's Bubba?" Two ushers then escorted my mom and Montgomery out of the service and told us that children are allowed in the child care facilites, but not in the worship service. Ironically enough the sermon was on Matthew 19. My Mom asked the usher if he knew what Pastor Beggs was preaching on and the usher didn't know. Mom said, " Does 'Let the little children come unto me' ring a bell?" Needless to say we have never returned. Such a shame because Pastor Beggs is soooo easy to listen too. I have heard many in this area say they encountered the same treatment. So sad. :(

On a different note, I will be praying for all of you!