Thursday, September 23, 2010

The excursion

My favorite part of the cruise was our excursion day. We went on an "adventure" excursion. We started by taking a speed boat ride out to the remote tip of Cozumel.


We were at this secluded with beach with just our group and our guides. First, we began by kayaking around the island. It's a lot harder to do than it looks. It was fun and the water was so blue and beautiful.


Here's us on the beach after snorkeling hence the red circles on our faces.


The snorkeling was wonderful. We had not done that since our honeymoon. We saw stingrays, fish, lobsters, and eels.


Also, just like our honeymoon I got sunburned on my back while snorkeling after applying 70SPF sunscreen. I have the fairest skin.


After we were done with our activities, they had the most amazing lunch for our group in our cabana. It was chicken and mexican rice and beans. We had lunch on the beach. It was so awesome! Made more awesome by the fact that we just spent two hours snorkeling and kayaking.

I would highly recommend that. Can't wait to do it again.

*Can I just say how amazed I was at the number of people who PAID a decent amount of money to do this excursion only to arrive at the beach and just sit there. They turned down the kayaking, snorkeling, and everything to just sit there. The activities were as advertised. Go figure!

2 comments:

Maeve said...

I love that you have so many pictures together! I really need that camera guy to follow us around on our vacations! Looks like a wonderful day!

Grateful for Grace said...

That looks like just about a perfect day to me!