Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sweet friend

One of my dearest friends recently moved from my town. We have always been friends since we first met, but the last few years we have really bonded. She is one of those friends that really gets me.

Our paths have been different, yet similar in many ways. We have dealt with husbands' job changes and uncertainties. We have dealt with moves that you thought were going to happen but did not. We have cried over losses together. We shared the best and less than best that life has dealt our families lately.

I have admired her as a Godly mother. She is amazing. She has 2 special needs boys plus an adorable little girl. She handles everything with such grace.

She makes a mean chocolate cake, will sell you some Mary Kay, or make you a baby blanket in her free time. My favorite part is her gift for being able to share the perfect scripture at the perfect time. I wish I had that gift.


Our kids love playing together. It has been fun watching them grow up together and become friends.


We have to stay in contact because we are going to arrange a marriage for Wingman and Little Miss. They are going to have some beautiful blonde, blue-eyed children.


I miss her tremendously. Thank goodness for Facebook and email. At the rate our individual families move, we may be near each other sooner than I think.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh, Jennifer, I cannot see the screen because of my tears :( I cannot tell you in words how much I miss you. Thank you for your sweet words . . . you forgot to mention of how wonderful of a friend and loving sister you are. I know we will remain good friends despite the distant miles between us. Besides, we have a certain betrothal set up in about 20 years or so!! Love you lots!
Sweet Friend